For immediate release:
September 27, 2021
Brooke Rossi 202-483-7382
Norfolk, Virginia. – Now that 47% of Americans want to incorporate more vegan foods into their meals, a tidal wave of vegan seafood options is hitting the market.Tunaty to classify the Top 10 Vegan Seafood Brands available nationwide.
- Good catch: Earlier this year, some Long John Silver locations were tested and sold out among Good Catch’s crisp vegan fillets and tasty vegan crab cakes! You can find them in the freezer aisles, along with Good Catch’s “fish” sticks, burgers and cakes.
- Gardein: His Filets Dorés Without Fish are perfect for tacos or in a basket with fries, and his Mini Cakes Without Crab are ideal for sharing! Find them everywhere, from Target to Whole Foods to Kroger.
- May Wah Vegetarian Market: This New York institution will ship vegan versions of everything, including squid, salmon, and shrimp.
- BeLeaf: Shoppers online and in Los Angeles can pick up BeLeaf’s Vegan Shrimp, a replacement for the “real” thing you’ll only have to see to believe.
- Sophie’s kitchen: Sophie’s fish fillets, shrimp, crab cakes, smoked salmon, and toona, all freezer staples, can add vegetal ingredients to an entire seafood buffet.
- The Plant Based Seafood Co: This Chesapeake Bay company knows seafood – and their crispy coconut shrimp, sprinkled scallops and lobster crab cakes are bursting with flavor to prove it.
- Kuleana: Shoppers at Erewhon Market on the West Coast can purchase Kuleana’s next-generation ‘tuna’ and ‘lox’, and diners at any Poké Bar restaurant can create a fresh and healthy bowl around Kuleana’s ‘tuna’ .
- Plant based foods: Available online and in select grocery stores, Plant Based Foods offers Zalmon Sashimi and Notuna Sashimi, perfect for sushi; Crispy lemon shrimp and Kalamariz, perfect for frying; and even vegan caviar called Cavi-art, perfect for any fancy spread!
- Worthington: Its versatile flaky vegan tuna, found in large grocery stores, pairs well with vegan tuna salad, croquettes, ceviche and other dishes.
- Jinka: Shoppers online and at Whole Foods can pick up all three flavors of Jinka’s Vegan Tuna Spread: Original, Lemon and Dill, and Spicy.
“We had fun tasting so many vegan items – today’s fish-free seafood options are off hookSays PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “The best PETA brands will help everyone celebrate National Seafood Month while leaving marine life in the sea, in its place. “
The vegan seafood industry is booming: over the next decade, it is expected to grow by 28% and be worth $ 1.3 billion. Vegan seafood is free from saturated animal fat and cholesterol and helps prevent fish from being gutted on decks of fishing boats, live lobsters from being thrown into boiling water and crabs from being dismembered while still conscious.
Each company will receive a framed certificate from PETA, which offers many vegan seafood recipes on their website.
PETA – whose motto says, in part, that “animals are not ours to eat” – opposes speciesism, a supremacist worldview of man. For more information, please visit PETA.org or follow the group on Twitter, Facebook, Where Instagram.