May 27, 2022 – Many companies are recalling food products made or sold with Jif peanut butter after Jif recently recalled 49 of its own products due to the risk of salmonella.
Some of the other products are sold at major retailers, including Walmart and Albertsons. Products listed on the FDA recall list so far include those manufactured or distributed by:
- AG Specialty Foods, including We Be PB and Jammin’ Snack Box
- Egg and cheese curd supply boxes distributed by Bix Produce Company
- Euphoria Chocolate Products
- Fudgeamentals chocolate products
- Del Monte products including apples with peanut butter dip. Some products are sold at 7-Eleven stores.
- Fresh Seasons 6.3 oz power packs manufactured by Taher Inc.
- Garden Cut Products with Peanut Butter Dip
- Mary’s Harvest Peanut Butter Cups
- More than a dozen Coblentz Chocolate Company products
- Items prepared in-store by Albertsons
- Cargill products sold online and at the Wilbur Chocolate Retail Store in Lititz, PA
- Wawa products
JM Smucker Co., Jif’s parent company, issued the recall last week for 49 products manufactured at the company’s facility in Lexington, KY. A salmonella outbreak linked to Jif products has resulted in 16 illnesses and two hospitalizations in 12 states, according to the CDC.
People requesting a refund from Jif can submit a claim on a newly created web page. The company says it plans to send out coupons for the recalled products.