The CEO of the Licensed Vintners Association (LVA) has said he would like to see late-night bars and nightclubs return in September, as well as a push to allow live music to return to theaters later this month.
In a post shared by LVA president Noel Anderson, the organization will also be soliciting discussions on bringing music back indoors.
The LVA said: “In light of the latest developments regarding the authorization of outdoor music, the LVA is seeking urgent discussions on the resumption of all forms of music, including live performances and indoor DJs as well. than plans to support the return of late bars and nightclubs. “
Earlier this afternoon, it was confirmed that parties of up to 200 people are now allowed outdoors and that live music is also permitted in the outdoor areas of pubs and restaurants.
In a statement posted online, Padraig Cribben, CEO of the Vintners Federation of Ireland, welcomed the clarity regarding the rules and said it is a positive step towards removing all rules governing the hospitality in the dining room.
Cribben said, “We welcome the clarity that these new guidelines provide to our members. Pubs are now allowed to host outdoor parties for up to 200 people, while live music is making a welcome return outdoors as well.
“The new guidelines make it clear that we are moving towards a complete reopening of the company and it is only a matter of time before any restrictions in pubs such as mandatory table service and banning people. seats at bar counters be abolished. “
Guidelines and rules were once again in the spotlight after it emerged that Tànaiste Leo Varadkar was one of 50 VIP guests at the garden party at the Merrion Hotel hosted by Katherine Zappone on July 21.
The news infuriated the hospitality industry, which operated under Fáilte Ireland guidelines which placed a limit of six adults per group at gatherings.
Tanist Leo Varadkar apologized for attending Katherine Zappone’s party, saying he “may have let his guard down”.
In an interview with RTE’s Six-One News, he said: “I would like to apologize to the hospitality industry in particular.
“They have a hard time opening up again and it doesn’t help them that the guidelines are not clear sometimes, and also for all the audience members who are sometimes confused because I know everyone, most people. , try to stick to the rules and when there is confusion about them it makes it more difficult for people. “
The Tánaiste added: “I want to make it very clear and make it very clear that the event was not in violation of government regulations at the time which allowed outdoor gatherings of more than 200 people, and was probably not in violation of the Fáilte of the guidelines. “
The Fine Gael chief noted that the guidelines were ambiguous and confusing.