Home Pub bar Aaron Mckee punched bar worker in the face in attack on Norfolk...

Aaron Mckee punched bar worker in the face in attack on Norfolk pub


A drunken site manager who offered a part-time bar job punched him in the face, resulting in a fractured orbit on a night out in Norfolk, a court has heard.

Aaron McKee, 35, and his wife had gone out to Dereham where they had drunk at the Red Lion pub in Dereham and met the victim, who worked as a bartender.

Norwich Crown Court heard the defendant, a freelance construction site manager, offer the victim work before she later returned to where she was staying, at the town’s Romany Rye pub.

Prosecutor Nicholas Bleaney said McKee, his wife and the victim were in the room before McKee “fell asleep, woke up and hit the victim” who suffered from a swollen black eye, eye socket. fractured and a deviated septum.

Mr Bleaney said McKee left the scene as the victim, who had contacted other family members, was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) where he remained overnight to be treated for his injuries.

An impact statement described how the victim was absent from work for five weeks after the attack on October 30, 2019, and how she suffered from mental health anxiety as a result of what happened.

Mckee, of Bedford, initially denied inflicting grievous bodily harm (GBH), but on Tuesday, July 20, he pleaded guilty to the offense in court.

Sentencing him to 12 months in prison, suspended for 18 months, Judge Maureen Bacon said she was convicting McKee on the grounds that it was an “impulsive and short-lived incident”.

But Judge Bacon called McKee, who is already facing a suspended jail sentence for other cases committed elsewhere in the country last year, as “cowardly” for his behavior.

McKee was also ordered to do 120 hours of unpaid work, a 30-day thinking skills program, and a 30-day rehabilitative activity requirement (RAR).

In addition, he was ordered to pay the victim £ 500 in compensation by December of this year.

Manveer Cheema, for McKee, said it was an “impulsive and short-lived attack”.

He said alcohol was consumed on the night of the incident which dated back to 2019.

He said McKee was sorry for his actions and had remorse, adding that there was a guilty plea in the case.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here